Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Friday, September 21, 2012

Toshiba's Super-Charge Ion Battery (SCiB) set to go on sale this fall

Well the folks at Toshiba have apparently perfected a battery that can be charged faster than traditional Lithium ion batteries. Now I am not talking a one minute charge time which I reported on here a month or so back. Toshiba's SCiB (Super-Charge Ion Battery) is said to have a charge time of between two and five hours depending on the state of charge of the battery. This was the original story which I am reporting on Greenoptimistic original story.

Now this battery is being marketed for the UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) for homes and businesses alike. But I would say that automobile manufacturers, of electric cars that is, would be interested in this SCiB technology for their as as well. As I have said all to many times on this blog the technology surrounding batteries etc is moving at a warp speed; it seems as though a day doesn't go by where I don't read something about someone having yet another break through.

It is my hope that technologies such as this, eneGoon, will be further enhanced and developed and will turn into something which is much more viable than the batteries of today. This is a definite step in the right direction and one can only hope that there will be more steps in the same direction in the future. So, for today, I would sat that Toshiba's SCiB has beat everyone else to the punch so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment