Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Friday, June 8, 2012

What even is CIGS?

You probably have not heard of CIGS, see it is yet another acronym. The letters in CIGS actually stands for Copper-indium-(gallium)-diselenide (or/and sulfide) (CIGS). It is the hottest new thing in the world of photovoltaics.

Now this is neccessary for several reasons. First of all, this type of solar cell (photovoltaic) is much more efficient than silicone is for converting sunlight into electricity. Furthermore it could be developed to make them potentially more cost effectiveness and incrementally improving manufacturability.

What does all of this mean to the average consumer? I would be willing to bet we will see an influx of these things over the next decade. This is of course depending on our supply indium as well as gallium.

And if you want to learn more about this technology here was my source for this article. I urge all of you to read this article as it goes rather in depth on this technology, and hopefully we can see more CIGS production and break the fossil fuel industry's grip on energy once and for all!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you
    share some stories/information. I know my readers would
    enjoy your work. If you are even remotely
    interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
    My site :: Apartments for sale in Antalya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to
    “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to
    improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!
    !
    Also visit my page :: immobilien Antalya

    ReplyDelete