Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mongolian Coal mine!

Something which I was unaware of until last week is that Mongolia has the largest coal bed in the world! Now what I would have to question is what sort of impurities does this coal have?

What brought all of this to my attention was I received an email that told me how a Canadian company plans to build a 600 MW powerhouse over there. Upon reading all about this powerhouse project I went on to read all about their coal. I was suprised to learn that they had the largest coal seem in the world!

Now the only thing I can tell you all about this is that in that part of the world-- Mongolia, China, as well as India is pretty much in need of this coal. India has moved ahead with plans to provide their steel industry with coke from this coal bed. Which brought up another subject-- are their any alternatives to coke for the steel making process? See the coke provides the steel with much needed carbon, and I no of no substitute for this carbon. Could someone please fill me in about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment