Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Saturday, April 21, 2012

This is what I have been trying to educate everyone about


Well this time I have been reading an article about LED bulbs, one of my favorite things going on right now! Phillips, who just won some type of award from the DOE for their LED bulbs. I have been trying to tell everyone about the benefits of LED bulbs now for over four years now. See, this is when I first learned of such because I read several articles about them from the IEEE (Electrical and Electronics Engineers) when I was still in school.

But the first one of them which I actually acquired in 2010, because that was the first time I ever saw them here (Paduah area ). The first LED I was ever able to acquire was an under cabinet light for my mother. It is a pretty sweet light having three different settings, just like the incandescents which were 3-way bulbs. Anyway I went on a buying spree for these and they were very difficult to locate. But I finally found this site, which offers LED lights which are manufactured in the United States.

These bulbs can last for twenty five years or more, Which is an added benefit of LED's. In addition to lasting so long, they use very, very little electricity. It will most likely be the last bulb you will have to buy in your lifetime. And I was reading another article on LED's and their cost which said that CREE, another American manufacturer of LED's, has slashed their prices by forty percent. So, according to this article, it says that LED bulbs are coming down in price, and if you are the owner of an office building or any other facilities which run lights around the clock it would make sense for you to change your current bulbs over to LED's. Also according to this article, they say that your average customer cannot justify buying these bulbs right now. Well, that maybe, so all that you and other consumers of such devices can do is rely on people like me and all of the other early adopters to inform you of how well they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment