Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ken Salazar, Secretary Of Interior, Talks Climate Change, Fracking, Energy Issues At Colorado College State Of The Rockies Conference


Ken Salazar just spoke this week on the controversial fracking policy. For those of you who may not be aware of this practice, fracking is where a company who is drilling for oil or natural gas injects water into said wells in order to make the extreme pressure behind the water to cause fissures to develop in the rock.

Of course Meterologists lay the blame on two different weather phenomena — La Nina and its northern cousin the Arctic Oscillation. Is this what has caused us to have such weird and wild weather. Hell if I know. You can blame it on whatever you will.

Of course climate deniers will say it has nothing at all to do with global warming or the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere. But again I would like to bring up an article I wrote a while back.

I would also like to call attention to another article I wrote about the pros and cons of fossil fuels. In the first article you can see what the insurance industry accepts as facts nowadays. In the second one you can see the pros and cons of fossil fuels.

In my honest opinion I would have to say that fossil fuels were a necessary evil. But now that our technology has outlived the coal age I say we should embrace it. I mean barely a day goes by that I do not receive a message about an advancement in the alternative energy front.

I know a few conservatives my grandfather included that denies global warming even exists. I do not know at all their premise behind denying what is clearly upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment