Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Monday, November 12, 2012

All about PV's, or solar panels if you will

Well, I have been staring at these stories on PV's for weeks now. And instead of creating a separate story for each, I thought I would do an all inclusive PV story, or solar if you will.

The first story that I want to address would be this one. While I believe that thin film is the way of the future, and it seems as though the Chinese do to, but I am still very unsure when/if it is going to catch on for the average homeowner. It offers many benefits though, such as you do not need a separate 'solar farm' if you will-- it can come packaged with your shingles or be mounte to a metal roof.

And this is the perfect segway into the next topic of conversation of PV's, and you can go to this link to learn more about solar's 'soft costs'. But in it the 'soft costs' of PV's were discussed. You know, all of the costs of a solar system, minus the costs of the solar panels themselves. Such costs would include: bi-directional metering, inverter, and in the case of conventional PV's a racking system and perhaps a tracker as well.

And I thought I would bring you this story as well. As you will see, if you click on this link, it is all about how Germanium is shaking up the world of not only solar cells, but rechargeable batteries as well.

And finally I would like to wrap this story up by talking about the AMOS-6 telecommunication satellite. And of course, you guessed it, it is powered by triple junction solar cells made by Emcore. And they tout the fact that their technologies have powered 100 satellites since 2001. You can read all about it here

Well, that pretty much wraps up what is happening i the world of solar right now. I look forward to my readers comments on these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment