Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Monday, July 9, 2012

Enviro Safe Refrigerant

Ok, so I thought today that I would tell you all about something I just discovered this weekend. That something is Enviro Safe refrigerant. Enviro safe has been around ever since about 1992. It is all made in the USA. And best of all it does not deplete the ozone nor contribute to global warming!

Now I know what you are thinking, because I was too, does it work as good as the halide refrigerants such as r12, r22, r134, r404, and r502? Well it turns out that it outperforms all the aforementioned. Here is a comparison chart for all of you nonbelievers out there:
how does enviro safe compare to halide refrigerants


So why hasn't anyone heard of such refrigerant? As is so typical with anything our government does, the switch to r134 benefitted guess what corporation-- the DuPonts of course. As they were the makers of r134, and profitted hugely by people switching to that refrigerant. R134 actually causes testicular cancer, but enviro safe is totally unregulated by any governmental body, and does not come with the side effects that r134, or r12 have.

Now I am trying out their refrigerant for car air conditioners at present. But they actually make replacements for r22, r404, as well as r502 for home sized units!

Now perhaps I should share my background with refrigerants with all of you, the readers of my blog. I have been dealing with auto air conditioners since I was twelve years old. Back then it was all totally done with r12, as most of you know. Well in about 1998 I switched over to r134 and have retrofitted quite a few cars since that time. That was long before I became an engneer, or environmentally conscious for that matter.

But I feel as though I should offer you a cautionary note here. It can actually be combined with both r12 and r134 requiring absolutely no retrofitting. But according to the federal law which covers refrigerants, you are not suppose to combine any refrigerant!

And for those of you who would be interested in such a refrigerant, you can read all about it here and buy it if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment