Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Friday, May 11, 2012

Make a simple solar cell out of diodes?


Well this comes as no suprise to me at all-- but apparently Mihai Sandru over at the Greenoptimistic website thought it would be cool to show you how to make your very solar cell. I say this comes at no surprise to me because Dr. Hatziadoniu told us about this feature of diodes when I was studying to get my electrical engineering degree-- this merely serves to verify his assertion that none of us knew at the time. You might just say he has been vendicated...LOL

While this will serve the purpose to power a calculator or some other small electronic gizmo it is highly inefficient and would not serve your purpose if you were thinking of powering your home with solar energy. I have never actually tested this out myself but if a professor at SIU and Mihai Sandru say it will work, I would say that you can count on it working for you. And for all you doubters and nonbelievers out there I have now included the video of doing such just for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment