Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coal use is going down allthewhile clean energy soars!


Yes, it is truly amazing how much can change in a year's time. In the first quarter of 2012 coal only made up thirty six percent-- down from forty five percent for the same quarter ofl 2011! This represents only a nine percent decrease in just one year. The fact is, we are living in times that now are essential to solar and wind energy production. It is so easy to do, but hardly anyone that I know of is doing it.

In a chat I recently had with my banker he is no different than anyone else out there. He did not get that if I install both wind and solar at my new house I would basically have no power bill. Wouldn't that be great is we could all get off the grid? Get off of relying on an entity which is responsible for most of the harmful pollution we breathe each day! Well it is easier to do this now than it ever has been before.

According to this article from the the Huffington Post Website energy from wind is thriving now! All I can say is it is about time that it had-- wind energy has added 1,695 megawatts of energy to our mix for the first quarter of this year. Ths is one of the best quarters that wind energy has had so far.

But, unfortunately instead of investing in these new technologies, the coal industry has instead turned its attention to groups such as the Sierra Club. It is rather disappointing for me to know this as a fact-- if only they would embrace such technology instead of shunning it or anyone trying to implement it. I say shame on the coal industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment