Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Crowd funding of alternative energy projects


Crowd funding has become rather popular in the UK (United Kingdom). For those of you who are like me you ma be questioning what the heck crowdfunding is. Well it is explained here. It is basically, as this article proclaims, basically a building society for the 21st century.

Energyshare is funding the first five projects that each raise 5,000 pounds on their own via the crowdfunding website. Abundance Energy is also sponsoring people to raise 5,000 pounds in wind turbine projects.

All of this public support for alternative energy projects is not unique to the UK though, as the Solar Mosaic in the US is encouragig American citizens to participate in a similar program here. As is stated in this article as of right now this is just an extremely quiet trend. The question is whether or not it will take off-- I guess like I have said in recent months about the various things that I write about time will tell us the answer to that question.

2 comments:

  1. Good day! I κnow thiѕ iѕ kinԁa off topіc but I'd figured I'd аsk.
    Would you be interеsteԁ in exchanging links or maуbe guest ωгiting a blog
    pοst or νice-versa? My blоg addresses a lot of the same topіcs as уοurs and I feel we could greatlу
    benefit from eаch otheг. If you are inteгested fееl free to send me an
    е-mail. I look forwагd to heаring fгom you!
    Awesome blog by the ωay!
    Stop by my blog post ... waste recycle advice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have now viewed your site. However it is the offline version only, therefore your contact information is not available to me, consequently I have no way of contacting you unless you leave me your email addy here

      Delete