Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hemp and its many uses

You know what, I just could not let this opportunity pass me by since I have been talking about electric cars, and having just watched President Obama's weekly address. In it he listed about four or five things we could do to live greener. Well how about this Mr President, why not make hemp and cannabis legal once again. I mean it has only been illegal by federal law since 1937.

In his speech and all the things he listed there was one HUGE fact that he left out. And the fact to which I am referring is with the hemp or cannabis plant. We could replace many of the things we now produce from petroleum.

That is right, many of our pharmaceutical products are presently made from petroleum with cannabis. And hemp has been known to be the BEST kind of rope that you could use at sea. Additionally Henry Ford made approximately 10,000 cars out of hemp plastic. Plus he ran it on hemp oil. Furthermore it was used in the parachute that George Herbert Walker Bush used when he was shot down in the Pacific during World War II. I can think of one thing greener than the cannabis plant, and I am not making a play on words here or trying to be cute-- am drop dead serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment