Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Confirmation of my post from 2/15/2012 was just given to me here by Envia's CEO

Well if you have been keeping up with this blog, you will be able to see Atul Kapadia's comments from my story from Sunday just confirmed my 2/15/2012 story. You see the 2/15/2012 story was about Silica based batteries. And Kapudia just confirmed that he is using a silica-carbon based cathode to produce the $125 kw/hr battery. You can see his comments here. So I guess I was not too far out of the loop even though I was thousands of miles away from his team doing the research for his batteries. Although I was under the impression that they (battery manufacturers) were going to be using a silica based electrolyte for their batteries. A good article on how they arrived at their energy dense battery material can be read here. It is apparently a Lithium ion battery with a novel cathode composition, as Kapadia himself notes in his comment to me. And for those of you who didn't know Kapadia is a venture capitalist who is the CEO of Envia, he got his start in silicon valley and sold his first company to Cisco for around $125 million you can see a story on such sale here, and sold his second company to Sun Microsystems, although I have no idea for how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment