Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CNG (compressed natural gas)

Well I am well aware of the fact that I wrote a blog article last week about CNG. Well upon talking with my buddy last night he brought up something I was unaware of. He told me to check into compressed natural gas generators. So anyway you know exactly what I did-- I went and put the search term 'compressed natural gas generators' into a Google search. And to my surprise I received 314,000 results.

Now the funny thing about CNG is that when its compressed it only occupies 1% of the space that it does when uncompressed. After is is compressed to between 200 and 248 bar, it is generally stored in cylindrical tanks similar to what is used for propane fuel.

Natural gas is mainly comprised of Methane. CNG's volumetric energy density is estimated to be 42% of liquefied natural gas's, and 25% of diesel's. What this means is it occupies much less space than traditional fuels.

The Asia-Pacific region were the early adopters of CNG technology. Pakistan led the way in going into CNG vehicles. And the Asia-Pacific region leads the way globally, having 5.7 million CNG vehicles, and Latin America gets the second place spot for CNG vehicles globally having 4 million CNG vehicles.

CNG is a much cleaner burning fuel than our other fuels. It is absent of benzene and lead so that makes it cleaner. And for those of you that don't know how nefarious benzene is let me tell you it is some bad stuff-- it is a known carcenogic. CNG is less pollutant and more efficient when compared to petro fuels.

No comments:

Post a Comment