Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Monday, February 6, 2012

FOIA Request LiPF6 plant

Ok, so by now I hope that everyone has seen the map of the proposed area. Something which stands out to me if you go to page 36 of that pdf of the environmental study you can see them talk about the wetlands. Now according to both the EPA and USACOE this falls under Illinois law. The department in IL responsible for permitting wetland mitigation is the IDNR. To make a long story short, Saturday February 4, 2012 I submitted a FOIA to see if Honeywell had contacted them about this yet. As far as I am concerned this is the only road block that Honeywell has in their plans. And accordingly this is why I submitted such request to see if this has been addressed yet. Now if you are from around the Metropolis area, you know that the 'little red spots' on their map is far from a wetland, but they still have to deal with them according to the law. So in due time we will see what my FOIA request produces for us. Here is a copy of said FOIA request which I requested:
Image of FOIA request for the Honeywell plant at Metropolis

I just want everyone to know I am not trying to shut this job down by this FOIA request. This wetland mitigation is the final hurdle they have to clear before starting construction on this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment