Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Thursday, February 16, 2012

EV Chargers

I have read through the specifications now, so I can speak on them with a little authority. This is not meant to be an all inclusive review, as I only reviewed the chargers shown on the Leaf's webpage. For those of you who are unaware of what the Leaf is, it is a car manufactured by Nissan that is a totally electric vehicle, or EV for short.

Now it goes without saying that there are some rather common standards being applied to these chargers. For example all of the chargers shown on this page show that they are current limited to thirty amps, except for one charger. Now the one outlier to this thirty amp current draw is one for the Leaf that is shown to deliver a continuous rating of eighty amps. I will have to study more on this type of charger but it is safe to say for now that nominal input power of all the chargers I have seen thus far can be fitted to the thirty amp current rating. I suspect this eighty amp continuous current draw is for a rapid charger, but I should caution you I have no proof of this fact, only suspicion.

No comments:

Post a Comment