Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Monday, January 23, 2012

Smart phones that do not require charging as often

Ok, so I thought I was done writing for the day, however, I ran across an interesting news story in my news feeds. Apparently Cambridge, in collaboration with an IEEE fellow have developed a smart phone screen which contains some form on solar cells. This new screen functions as a solar power source for the phones, thereby allowing their users to not have to charge them near as often. I mean think of it, everything you have in your home which you routinely charge. This will not do anything for devices but phones, but I would venture to guess if we could take every phone out there we could save a few thousand kilowatt hrs off our consumption (if you consider the country as a whole). Here is the article which inspired me to write this story: Solar Powered Smart Phones

No comments:

Post a Comment