Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Who has the most green economy-- the Chinese of course

This seems like a no brainer to me that China is ranked number one in the world in green energy devices, as was detailed in this article.

According to the World Wildlife Fund. the author of said report, China is number one in the world for clean energy production. Denmark takes the top spot if you figure in their total economy's size.

The US was ranked second as far as total sales are concerned. But when viewed as a proportion to our economy, we ranked a dismal fifteenth. And they go on to blame our lawmakers for not passing legislation favorable to green energy technology. Mostly because the Republicans have but one thing in mind-- to deny our president a second term. As they put it, "U.S. policymakers in Washington seem to be content to let all the recent growth in the U.S. wither on the vine by not providing policy certainty and not going after growth opportunities."

The report found that U.S. cleantech manufacturing sales increased by 17 percent between 2010 and 2011, but notes that this pace is slower than the 28 percent seen between 2008 and 2010.

The U.N. recently announced that 2011 was a record year for global renewable energy investment. $257 billion was invested in 2011, with $147 billion of that going toward solar energy, according to the U.N. Environment Program report. $51 billion, or nearly 20 percent of global investment, came from the U.S.

As is the case with so many of the things I have reported on this year, only time will tell where we end up!

1 comment:

  1. I am very familiar with such because I was an IBEW Journeyman Wireman, before I went back to school and got my EE degree myself.

    And as you should be able to tell from my blog, I now enjoying writing about these things now that I am completely disabled.

    ReplyDelete