Green Leaf Find us on Google+ Web Analytics

Facebook like button

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Could we please get a Silicon Valley startup here?

Silicon Valley is finally showing up all across this country. For example there is Silicorn Valley in Des Moines, Iowa, Silicon Prairie in Omaha, Nebraska, and Silicon Strip is Las Vegas.

But what does all of this mean to the average consumer. Apparently not that much.

This is why when I spoke with Atul Kapadia I encouraged him to produce his new batteries right here in Metropolis, IL. I mean it only makes sense after all since Honeywell will be producing LiPF6 here (main component in Litium ion batteries). In addition to that we have I-24 and I-57 close by. And this is not to mention our underdeveloped River Access here as well.

I mean we have an empty Laidlaw building which could be made to accommodate this or ant other business. Plus playing on the Silicon Valley successes, remember we have a two years old diode manufacturer in Nashville, making our town an ideal place for someone with an idea to locate their plant.

And you can see my source for this story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment